Howdy! In case you are wondering who in the world "Arwyn" is...that's me! Heh heh. Okay, okay, I know that does not help matters any, and of course it was not funny. I assure you, I ain't laughin'!
Well, ya know what, I really like to confuse people, so I am just not going to tell you who "Arwyn" is, I'm sure it's not hard to figure it out anyway! =P
All right, so to start off with, I just have a few tidbits of advice for y'all. You can heed the advice, or disregard it, just do it at your own risk! That is entirely up to you! =) I am just writing it out for the fun of it. Okie dok?
(Oh, and by the way, iffen ya would like any of the stories behind these tidbits of advice, just ask, and I shall try to oblige! =) )
#1. When you are getting ready to drive a vehicle, it helps to turn the ignition on before you try to go anywhere! Otherwise, even if you switch the gearshift to "drive" it's not gonna go anywhere without the engine bein' on! Unless you are going downhill of course.
#2. When it is dark outside, and you are trying to drive, it's right helpful to turn the lights of the vehicle on! They don't do you any good not being on, and you won't be able to see a thing in the dark! You don't have owl eyes, as far as I know! Heh heh. Lights were invented for a reason. And, yes, I borrowed that from somebody who has told me the same thing before! (I sometimes don't turn lights on when I go into a room...)
#3. When climbing a tree, try (I say "try", because sometimes (most of the time!), I don't heed to my own advice, because I forget it!) to remember that sometimes it is easier to climb up in a tree then it is to get down from it. Like there are some branches that you can jump up onto, but then when you are headed down, you realize that it is quite the drop to the next branch, and you have a dilemma of getting down then! Without falling flat on your face on the ground, that is...(no, actually, surprisingly, I ain't never fallen out of a tree before! But you would think that I would have by now, with all the dangerous things I have done when climbing trees!)
#4. When you notice that something is about to fall on you or hit you, maybe you should MOVE out of its way, rather than just cower and cover your head and close your head and hope it doesn't hit you! It probably will if it is coming straight at you! Just you'll never know what hit you with your eyes closed!
All right, that is all the advice I have for this time, but I might have more at a later date and time. For now I am going to move on to the "antics" part. These are just some random little things that us crazy Letrabs have done over the years, and I am just going to write excerpts from my journal to tell you about them. =)
Antic #1. "July 14, 2007-- After a little bit more of doing this last night, then I (Arwyn) decided to practice my clarinet. When I was done practicing my stuff, I got a song book (not our hymn book, a different song book) and got Olga to come and I played a couple of songs while she sang along. It was quite funny! Especially when we were playing a song where the word was supposed to be manger (as in Jesus laid in a manger), but it was stretched out, and so Olga sang it like this, "Man---ger" (like man as in a grown boy)! Haha! She was wondering, "Now, why is that 'ger' in there?" and then I told her, "Olga! It's supposed to be Mane--ger! (like a horse's mane)" That was hilarious and we couldn't quit laughing, and then we both got up (because we had fallen on the floor with laughter) at the same time and out glasses "injured" out faces some, because we hit heads."
Antic #2. "July 28, 2007-- Well, a couple of weeks ago, Mum, Gretal, Olga, and I had been at the grocery store, and we were leaving the parking lot when we saw that a Fed-Ex truck had been stopped by a state trooper (oooh!) and a few minutes later (or in our case, seconds) another Fed-Ex truck drove by, looked at the stopped Fed-Ex truck, and then when he went past us we could see that he was visibly laughing! That was pretty humorous we thought!"
Antic #3. "July 28, 2007-- When we were at the County Fair today we saw these two pigs that were quite mad at each other and they were fighting quite violently. And then all of a sudden one of them broke lose from his "pen"...and a pig chase was on! No one but us was out there, and so we were trying to slam gates fast enough to keep the pig contained in the arena part of the grounds. That pig was going all over the place though, and rather fast too! But then finally somebody else came and they helped us get the two pigs back in (them pigs were squealing like none other too!). Those pigs were really mad though! They were growling, squealing, and all sorts of stuff! That was exciting though!"
Antic #4. "June 28, 2008-- Before long, Pa and Berwyn got home, and so Olga and I started to make supper. And here began out "Kitchen Catastrophe"! No joke! Well, first off, we did not know WHAT to make for supper, so we had to figure that out. We decided on making spam and beans. Well, Olga obviously did not remember how to make pork 'n beans, because she got a sauce pan out, and put it on the burner. When I saw that, the pan was already HOT, but I did not know that. I was like, "Olga, you don't make pork 'n beans in a pan!" And so I took the pan off the burner, and attempted to put it away, and that is when I got burnt! I said, "Ouch! You didn't tell me that was hot!" And then I put the pan back on the stove to cool off, and turned the burner off. Then I ran cold water over my aching fingers. Soon, Olga had the spam and beans in the oven, and it was time to make a salad. We were first going to make a lettuce salad, but a quick look in the refrigerator "told" us that we had no lettuce! Okay, so on to plan B. We decided to make apple salad, found out that we had only two apples, but I didn't think that was enough, but Berwyn said that it was, so we made an apple salad. Once we got the apples cut to the right size, Olga cut the cheese, and I chopped the nuts. Then it was time to make the sauce...and can you guess? We didn't have any milk! So, we had to wait for Ma and Oone (ooo-neigh) to get back. When they did we made the sauce and soon we ate supper."
Okay, and that is all that I am going to do for today anyways. Sometime I will tell you some cow jokes and also some Mozart Effects that are quite interesting! =)
Have a good day in the Lord!
6 comments:
HAHAHA!!! Close your head! =D =D
Very nice advice! I really ought to take the last one sometimes! Except there's really nothing you can do when a bird comes flying across your windshield, so all you can do is duck and close your eyes... and head!!!! HAHA!
Hehehe.... Is it prideful of me to laugh at our own antics??
I was going to ask about the closing of the head part. Can I have the story behind that? :)
Oops! What a silly mistake. I meant to say "close your eyes", not "close your head". But, hey, that's a good thing to do too, right? Uh, no! It makes no sense whatsoever!
Idalee, there really ain't no story behind it, other than that maybe I need a proof reader before posting! Heh heh! I honestly did not know that I had done that until Josie started cackling so hysterically! =D
lol
Yes, Josie, it is indeed prideful of you to laugh at our own antics. How dare you laugh! How dare you stay calm! I think that is one of my favorite sayings. =D
Hehe...
Post a Comment