All righty, here are the sunrise pictures. Enjoy!
 |
| "God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supply" — Hudson Taylor |
 |
"The great commission is not an option to be considered; it is a command to be obeyed" — Hudson Taylor
|
 |
| "God uses men who are weak and feeble enough to lean on him." Hudson Taylor |
 |
| "Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God" — William Carey, who is called the father of modern missions |
 |
| "To know the will of God, we need an open Bible and an open map." William Carey |
 |
| "Is not the commission of our Lord still binding upon us? Can we not do more than now we are doing?" — William Carey |
 |
| "The spirit of Christ is the spirit of missions. The nearer we get to Him, the more intensely missionary we become." — Henry Martyn, missionary to India and Persia |
 |
| "He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose" — Jim Elliot |
 |
| "If a commission by an earthly king is considered a honor, how can a commission by a Heavenly King be considered a sacrifice?" — David Livingstone |
 |
| "Sympathy is no substitute for action." — David Livingstone, missionary to Africa |
 |
| "Lost people matter to God, and so they must matter to us." — Keith Wright |
 |
| "The Bible is not the basis of missions; missions is the basis of the Bible" — Ralph Winter, missiologist |
 |
| "The mission of the church is missions" — Oswald J. Smith |
 |
| "If you found a cure for cancer, wouldn't it be inconceivable to hide it from the rest of mankind? How much more inconceivable to keep silent the cure from the eternal wages of death." — Dave Davidson |
 |
| "In our lifetime, wouldn't it be sad if we spent more time washing dishes or swatting flies or mowing the yard or watching television than praying for world missions?" — Dave Davidson |
 |
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break God's heart" — Bob Pierce, World Vision founder
|
 |
"People who do not know the Lord ask why in the world we waste our lives as missionaries. They forget that they too are expending their lives ... and when the bubble has burst, they will have nothing of eternal significance to show for the years they have wasted." — Nate Saint, missionary martyr
|
 |
| "Prayer is the mighty engine that is to move the missionary work." ---A.B. Simpson |
 |
| "God is a God of missions. He wills missions. He commands missions. He demands missions. He made missions possible through His Son. He made missions actual in sending the Holy Spirit." — George W. Peters |
 |
| "If the Great Commission is true, our plans are not too big; they are too small." —Pat Morley |
 |
| "The history of missions is the history of answered prayer." — Samuel Zwemer | | |
Good night, folks! Sleep tight, and don't let the bed bugs bite. I wonder if you will see a nice sunrise in the morning? If so, remember to thank God for all the things that He has done for you! =)
13 comments:
Very nice, Patty! I like these pictures a LOT! (As you can see, I changed my picture to one of them. =P)
As I said on the other post... beautiful... unspeakable beauty.
That is for sure! Our Wonderful Savior is absolutely the most amazing Artist there ever was!!!! PRAISE THE LORD!
You know this all kind of reminds me of a song from "Fiddler on the Roof"! Do you know what one I am talking about? You have seen the movie haven't you?
Yeah, we've seen "Fiddler on the Roof". =) Are you thinking of the song "Sunrise, Sunset"? Yup, this reminds me of that song, too!
Yep! That is indeed what I was thinking about when I did this post (the Fiddler on the Roof song), and I even considered finding the words to the song, but could not locate them. And yes, we have seen the movie. I don't know that I would have the patience to watch the whole thing again though, as it is rather long. Did you like that movie? Question aimed at all!
Sure, I like Fiddler on the Roof. I don't remember very much of it, though...
I just watched "Fiddler on the Roof" recently and Patty, I think you must be ADD. I was sucked in immediately. Yes I was referring to the song "Sunrise, Sunset".
ADD, eh? Hmmm...oh look! It's a cow! Oh, now what was I talking about? Haha! I don't know iffen I am or ain't, but I have been told that I might be that before, so maybe I am! I just didn't find the movie all that interesting. Actually, it is hard to find a movie that will interest me all the way through! I am not a very big fan of watching movies, I would much rather do something else! Just ask my sisters! They have to basically beg me to watch a movie with them sometimes!
Heh heh, yup. (To the movie part)
I, for one, know that miss Puddle Jumper is not ADD. Aidyl, you should see her on Fridays. And when she was still in school. Ahem. Nothing could distract her from her duties!!! So, I'm sorry to disappoint you, miss Aidyl, but my sis ain't ADD! So there.
Hilarious comment Miss ADD.
And Josie, she may not seem ADD to you but she sure does to me. Maybe I just incourage it. What I don't get is that you were bored through "Fiddler..." but you LOVE football!?! I get BORED with anything football. I guess that must just have to do with our personalities!
Yeah, we sure do have different personalities... and I have to go now because I am desperately needed!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment