Unreached of the Day

Monday, November 21, 2011

Quotations that you might enjoy!

Well, I do indeed realize that it has been quite a little while since I last wrote on here. Oops. Sorry about that. Guess I just don't got no advice for y'all! But that's okay. You don't really need OR want my advice anyhow! =P So, instead, I am going to write down some quotes that I have found over the past few days. They are by different "famous" people. Hope ya like them, and maybe some of them will even encourage and challenge you! =)
 And by the way, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!! Remember to thank God for all the many blessings He has given to you, and continues to give each and every day! He is indeed worthy to be praised! He is mighty and awesome and powerful and wonderful and gracious and loving and kind and caring and so many more attributes! Just remember to give Him the glory and the thanks! =) 
 All right, now for a few of my favorite quotes, first of all.
 "If you can't convince them, confuse them!" --Harry S. Trumman
 "I feel more like I do now than when I first got here!" --Rick Husband, Astronaut
 "Don't bump your head. It hurts!"
 "A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble in the road." --Henry Ward Beecher
 "A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." --Groucho Marx
 "California is a fine place to live--if you happen to be an orange." --Fred Allen
 "A smile confuses an approaching frown." --Unknown
 "God loves you just the way you are." --Max Lucado
 "In the great orchestra of life, you have an instrument and a song." --Max Lucado
 "What makes us special is the signature of God on our lives." --Max Lucado
 "How wide is God's love? Wide enough for the whole world." --Max Lucado
 "He has shown that He never fails. That's what makes God, GOD!" --Max Lucado
 "It's what we do for Christ in the here and now that will make a difference in the then and there." --Max Lucado
 "Waiting times are growing times and learning times. As you quiet your heart, you enter His peace...as you sense your weakness, you receive His strength...as you lay down your will, you will hear His calling." --Roy Lessin
 "God's fingers can touch nothing but to mold it into loveliness." --George McDonald
 "Leave the broken, irreversible past in God's hands, and step out into the invincible future with Him." --Oswald Chambers
 "Relying on God has to begin all over again every day as if nothing had yet been done." --C.S. Lewis
 "Faith expects from God what is beyond all expectation." --Andrew Murray
 "God's hand is extended to you--not to push you away, but to draw you close, not to keep you at a distance, but to hold you near to His heart." --Roy Lessin
 "Circumstances may appear to wreck our lives and God's plans, but God is not helpless among the ruins. God's love is still working. He comes in and takes calamity and uses it victoriously, working out His wonderful plan of love." --Eric Liddell
 "To abide in Christ's love is to make His love your home." --Max Lucado
 "A friend knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back when you have forgotten the words." 
 "Life is like a piano. What you get out of it depends on how you play it."
The following is a series of actual quotes taken from insurance and accident forms. They are actual words of people who tried to summarize their encounters with trouble. (Some are actually quite funny! Others are funny only because it's so horrible! Haha!)
 -"Coming home, I drove into the wrong house and collided with a tree I don't have."
 -"The other car collided with mine without giving warning of its intentions."
 -"I thought my window was down, but I found it was up when I put my hand through it." (you know, I've done that before...oops!)
 -"I collided with a stationary truck coming the other way." (haha)
 -"A truck backed through my windshield into my wife's face." (that's horrible!)
 -"A pedestrian hit me and went under my car."
 -"The guy was all over the road; I had to swerve a number of times before I hit him."
 -"I pulled away from the side of the road, glanced at my mother-in-law, and headed over the embankment."
 -"In my attempt to kill a fly, I drove into a telephone pole." (whoops...)
 -"I had been shopping for plants all day and was on my way home. As I reached an intersection, a hedge sprang up obscuring my vision. I did not see the other car."
 -"I had been driving for forty years when I fell asleep at the wheel and had an accident." (Wow! That sure is a LONG time to be in a vehicle!!!)
 -"To avoid hitting the bumper of the car in front, I struck the pedestrian." (Uh...)
 -"As I approached the intersection, a stop sign suddenly appeared in a place no stop sign had ever appeared before. I was unable to stop in time to avoid the accident." (A stop sign suddenly appeared, eh? Indeed! I'm sure that it really did JUST appear!)
 -"My car was legally parked as it backed into the other vehicle." (Well, ya know, if I'm thinkin' correctly, it can't back up when it is parked! The gear has to be switched to "reverse")
 -"An invisible car came out of nowhere, struck my vehicle, and vanished." (wow!)
 -"I told the police that I was not injured, but removing my hat, I found I had a skull fracture." (oops)
 -"The pedestrian had no idea which direction to go, so I ran over him." (Oh dear!)
 -"I was sure the old fellow would never make it to the other side of the road when I struck him."
 -"I saw the slow-moving, sad-faced old gentleman as he bounced off the hood of my car." (ooooh...that's really horrible!)
 -"The indirect cause of this accident was a little guy in a small car with a big mouth." (heh heh)
 -"I was thrown from my car as it left the road. I was later found in a ditch by some stray cows." (haha)
 -"The telephone pole was approaching fast. I attempted to swerve out of its path when it struck my front end." (I'm sure it was the TELEPHONE POLE that struck you...it couldn't have been the CAR that struck the telephone pole, now could it?)
 -"I was unable to stop in time and my car crashed into the other vehicle. The driver and passenger then left immediately for a vacation with injuries." 
 And that's all for now, folks. Hope ya liked all of these! 
 I do have a bit of advice, when driving, don't swerve to miss something! It usually doesn't do much good! You should just keep driving straight ahead, and look where you WANT to go, NOT where you don't want to go! Because you will go towards where you are looking. Especially when you see a deer, don't swerve to avoid hitting it! That can cause even more of an accident. Just brake REALLY hard (as hard as you can!), and hold the steering wheel straight. However, when you are going off the road or something, DO NOT jerk the wheel or slam on the brakes. Just hold onto the steering wheel and take your foot off of the gas! And let the car gradually slow down. That way it is a lot less likely for you to over-correct, and roll or something worse. It will be noisy and scary, but just hold on! It's better than rolling! These are things that I have learned from my Pa! Who is a very good driver. Never had an accident in a car before. Just thought I'd share those things with y'all. And drive defensively! Watch out for the other drivers out there! And drive with confidence, and don't be overly cautious and careful, just enough. I used to be way too cautious and even scared when I drove, but not anymore! I kinda like driving now. It's a good thing.

10 comments:

Junior Josie said...

Oh my... those traffic ones are hilarious... I don't know how in the world an officer listening to them could have kept from laughing!
I'm still laughing... and you well know what happens when I try to read them out loud! Oops!!

Anonymous said...

Those traffic ones are hilarious! Totally agree with you Josie. I can't believe people actually tried to use those as insurance claims! I hope their insurance didn't pay for it!

Anonymous said...

By the way both Joy and I have had a hard time reading your blog due to the color of your words. Might you be kind enough to change that for us nearly blind people? Thank you!

Private Eye Patty said...

Is this red color better, Grace? My apologizes for making it so hard for you to read! I will try to not do that again.
Glad y'all liked these quotations! I found them rather amusing as well! =)

Private Eye Patty said...

Haha, are you STILL laughing even now, Josie? Heh heh. And yes, I do know very well what happens when you read those traffic ones out loud! That was great!

Junior Josie said...

Heh heh... if I could laugh constantly, I would be... =P But nope, I wasn't still laughing when I read your comment. I will be if I read over the post again, though! =P
Great? You thought it was great when I read those traffic ones out loud? That was embarrassing. Humph.

Anonymous said...

Ah yes this red is much better. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Don't ya'll think it's about time for something new? A new debate or something? I would think of a subject but... how about...hmm... what language is the stupidest? Ha! J.K. But I recently have decided it's English! As soon as you learn a rule of some sort, it gets broken!The sad truth is English has no rules, because, I believe, it is derived from so many different languages. Take Spanish for example, if there is a grammatical/spelling rule, they stick to it! That is what I call a smart language. Anyway I am done with my tirade now. Except I must say this in conclusion, English is sooo unoriginal!!!

Junior Josie said...

Yes indeed, English is not a smart language! I get mad at it quite often! Especially when things aren't pronounced like they look like they should be!!! That REALLY irritates me! Grrrr.... Yeah, we should have a debate on how bad the English language is! ... And decide to learn German instead!

Anonymous said...

In reference to German read what I commented on the post about this.