Unreached of the Day

Friday, November 4, 2011

K-State vs. Oklahoma and Nebraska

Well, welcome to the second debate! The first one is still not quite wrapped up, so I hope it is all right to have two going at once! Correct me if I am incorrect, please, Patty. Thank ya kindly.
First off, I will state some factual facts. (Factual facts sounds better than plain ol' facts.)
As for wins and losses, the three teams in discussion are dead even. All three have the impressive record of 7-1.
Kansas State is 2nd in the Big 12, Oklahoma is 3rd in the Big 12, and Nebraska is 2nd in the Big Ten. (Please do not ask why they do not spell out 12 and they do spell out ten. I haven't the slightest idea, but it is a very intriguing question.)
Now, you see right there that K-State is better than Oklahoma in terms of status in conference. And, technically, we should be better than them, because we beat Texas Tech and Texas Tech beat Oklahoma. Of course, theories and technicalities do not always work out, as we have seen. But nonetheless, in theory, K-State should be a better team than Oklahoma.
Now I will turn to discussing the moral side of these teams. Nebraska has long been known for their nastiness towards the opposing team, so I think I will let that lie for the time being. Oklahoma, however, has recently gained a very bad habit of rude behavior. (Evidently they thought since Nebraska left the conference, somebody had to replace them in that aspect.)
For instance, when they played us, on one of the plays one of the OU players stomped deliberately on our QB AFTER the play was over. And showed no regret for it whatsoever. And then later on, they pushed our QB so far out of bounds that they smashed him into a bench. They also injured one of our other players legs, but that was during the play and not on purpose (At least, I don't think so), so that is not entirely their fault, as injuries occur often in football. Now, on the K-State side, there was good sportsmanship to counteract Oklahoma's nastiness! Quoting one of Oklahoma's defensive players, "He is a physical guy and sometimes when I came up and hit him, he was really polite in trying to help me up." Speaking of our QB there.
Well, I of course have plenty more to say, but I will now open up this debate for... debate! =P Go ahead, folks!

4 comments:

Private Eye Patty said...

Nice post, Josie. I agree wholeheartedly with every word you said! I just don't like them Nebraska Cornhuskers or them Oklahoma Sooners. =( Not one little bit. Sorry folks, I just don't! They are mean, and really aren't very good sportmanship players at times. For one thing, I have seen Nebraska players spit on the opposing team's players once or twice. Now what kind of an attitude is that?
Also, did you know that the N on the side of the Cornhuskers helmets stands for NO KNOWLEDGE!!! People always say it stands for "knowledge"...but we all know that knowledge starts with a "K" NOT a "N"! So, what do we have there? Hmmm. I reckon it might be mean of me, but really, is there logic in saying that it stands for knowledge? Because all it probably stands for is "Nebraska" in all honesty. Just sayin'.

Private Eye Patty said...

Boy, this sure is a hefty debate, so much to say! Lots of things to think about...ha! That was high sarcasm there. There ain't none at all, that I can see...hmmm. Oh well.

Anonymous said...

I would argue with you if your blog would let me comment!

Anonymous said...

Hey wait! It is letting me! FINALLY!