Unreached of the Day

Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Debate on Western Books verus Romance Books

Well, I guess we now have our first real live debate! We'll see how heated this one gets, as, I don't really see how anybody can have much to say for the romance side...but oh well. Maybe some people DO actually like romance novels. I for one, DO NOT. I find them despicable and disgusting and degrading and demoralizing and detrimental and ditzy and dull and dinky and more things too, but they don't start with d's, so I won't mention them at the moment. Hah. Well, if you can't tell by now. My stand on this debate is most definitely on the WESTERN side, it would never ever be on the romance side! I would not recommend those books. I must be honest here. I just can't stand them. I do not read them. And they are all the same anyway...so boring!!! You know, I rather like it when some author changes the twist of the storyline and makes it so that the bad guy gets the girl, instead of the good guy! Now that is a little bit better. It suits my tastes more so, because it's not what you want! Hah! I don't like all the ushy gushy nasty icky romantic details either. It makes me feel like I need a bucket! No kidding. It also makes me feel like I am reading a bad book! I am not even kidding! When I get to a romantic part in the book, I feel like a heathen or something! Even if it's a Christian romance!
All right, so now that I have said my piece about why I DO NOT like romance novels, I will tell you why I am most definitely with all arms and legs on the Western side!
 I really like Western books for several reasons. Some of them being: they are exciting, exhilarating, entertaining, enlightening, elaborate, endless fun; they have adventure, ammunition, arrows, arguments (haha, well trying to think of "a" words here...), and then we'll go to the "s" words: suspense, snakes, scary parts, simple parts, silly parts on occasion, Sacketts are in some of them!, and there's shootin' in them!,  and well, my brain is done thinkin' now! Anyway, those are some of the main reasons why I like western books. I like books that keep me on the edge of my seat, and ones that have lots of excitement and adventure in them! =) Sometimes it makes you feel like you are there with the characters, and I like that. I also like learning more about western things! Fun! I know a lot of it already, but to enhance my knowledge is definitely nice.
 I would recommend you reading Louis L'Almour books! They are very good and interesting! I like them a lot! And he has quickly become one of my very favorite authors! =)  Oh, and one of the things I really like about Louis L'Almour books is that there is no romance in them! At least VERY little! That is such a relief! I will admit though, I used to think that Louis L'Almour books were full of romance and that ucky kind of stuff, but I had never read them before! But now that I have read some of them, I have found them to be the exact opposite! Which is very nice. So, if you are looking for a good, exciting, western thriller of a book, with no romance, here you've got you some! =)
 All right, and that is about all I will say for now. I'll probably have more for the debate later though. Be countin' on it!
            Written and published by the Terrifying Tyrannical Theivin' Outlaw (not at your service!).

13 comments:

Junior Josie said...

Haha! Ya stole my idea except did the opposite! Verra nice. =P Must say that I whole-heartedly agree!
UM... I can't even think of anything to debate on that! I've got nothing good to say about romance in books...
I'm itchin' to do a K-State vs. Nebraska or Oklahoma debate!!

Private Eye Patty said...

Well, then do it! That is perfectly fine with me! I'll have plenty to say on that one too! I am firin' mad at Oklahoma right now!

Junior Josie said...

Ooooo.... ME TOO!!!

Anonymous said...

So hopefully I can finally post my disagreement with you on this!
Romances are tons better because they are always so sweet. I always feel warm and fuzzy I have read one. Besides that in romances people don't get killed like they do in westerns. If you can't tell I am for ROMANCES!

Anonymous said...

Aha! Since no one has dared challenge anything I said (you've had plenty of time to) I will consider this debate closed with me the winner! Congratulations Grace you have won the debate on Westerns verses Romances.
Really I am just trying to horrify you enough that you will address my argument. If that's not a hint then I don't know what is.

Junior Josie said...

Ahem! OOOPS!! Did I never see this comment or something or did I forget? Well, you're gonna get your reply now! =D Whoopee!
It isn't good to feel warm and fuzzy after reading a book, because then people will think you are a teddy bear or something, and then instead of the book inspiring you to go and do something, it makes you feel like curling up in a blanket and dreaming of romance! ICK!!!
And dreaming of romance ain't good for ya...
Uh... I could think of more arguments, but there's music playing and I can't multitask(think and listen at the same time)!!!

Private Eye Patty said...

Oh no! That is horrible! I reckon that both Josie and I somehow skipped over that comment of yours about Westerns vs. Romances! What a dire mistake! And, no, that does not mean that we agree!!! Because I can't stand romance!!! YUCK! I agree with all the things that Josie said.
Dreaming of romance is indeed not good for you. You need to be content with whatever God has planned for you, and if that means being single right now, then there is really no reason to be thinking about romance. Is there?
Also, it's gross. There ain't no excitement in romance, is there? It's just all lovey dovey. =[
I prefer excitement and thrilling adventure! To be honest...I prefer the shooting in westerns to the smooching in romances. Oh yuck! That was disgusting! Why did I even write that word???

Junior Josie said...

Ugh... horror! Well, at least that word is better than the "real" word for it! Oh, gross!

Anonymous said...

Ha!!! It worked! I got you debating about something, However after presenting my faulty arguments for the fun of letting you smash them in the ground I will tell you I couldn't agree more! I can't stand romances! Westerns aren't my favorite either but they are much better than westerns!! If you haven't noticed I kind of like getting you girls all rowled up. Terrible of me I know but... it is fun... Don't worry, you can do it back!

Junior Josie said...

Ha! Well, I'm glad that you confirmed our suspicion! We couldn't believe that you would really be on the romance side... =P
Ya like gettin' our dander up, huh? Heh heh. We can do it back, eh? Problem is, I don't know what makes you mad! ... Oh, we saw a Toyota broken down the other day...

Anonymous said...

Surely you can make some guesses as to what makes me mad. I did that to you!

And nice try but you didn't make me mad. -I saw three Fords on the side of the rode the other day...

Junior Josie said...

Hehehe!!! Nice try... I laughed. Seriously, I did. Not in offense to Fords or anything; I can't even explain it, it just struck me as funny... I think when I know someone is trying to make me mad, all they can accomplish is making me laugh! So iffin ya want to make me mad, ya better do it when I'm least expecting it! ... but now that I've gone and said all that, you probably weren't even trying that time, huh?

Anonymous said...

No I wasn't Josie. I was just mimicking you... I knew it wouldn't make you mad... I was expecting you to laugh.