Unreached of the Day

Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Debate on What to Debate About...

Well, this is a real nice way to start out this debatin' blog! We can't even think of what to debate about! Maybe we should debate on whether we should even have this debating blog or not! Do you think so? But, no, I want to! Because it was a grand idea, and I did indeed like it. It's just that my brain didn't like it so much, I 'spose. But it'll get to likin' it.
 First off, I guess I will debate a little bit about why I think it is okay not to use proper English all the time! Hah. English teachers or English fanatics, beware! Ya know, I must admit, I actually do like the school subject of English, it was always one of my favorites for whatever reason. Though I don't know why it was, because I never did exceptionally well on English tests. Except for when I took the ACT, then I got a rather high score on English. Anyway, I don't exactly have a great likin' for talkin' correct English all the time, because it seems so sophisticated and whatnot. And I don't like talkin' like no edumacated person! I'd rather talk like an outlaw!!! Or a Westerner. Both work fine for me. So, my reasons for wantin' to talk improper English (what I mean by this is by using words such as "ain't", "nah", "yep", "them" instead of "those", "don't" instead of "doesn't", etc), is mainly because it is more fun dat way! It also sounds neater, in my opinion! Oh, and another reason is because I like makin' up words of my own! And iffen I were to use proper correct grammar, then I would not be able to make up as many words as I wanted to! Do you get my reasoning? I sincerely hope that you do, because otherwise I will be greatly offended. Just kidding. I will not! You can offend me all ya want. Maybe I ain't should say that. Haha!!! See, I just completely butchered all grammar there! It don't even make sense.
 Another reason is because I ain't no edumacated person! Sure, I went all the way through High School and all, and I went to one year of Bible college, but the only classes I took there were Bible classes, no English! However, I did have to take an English test at the end of the year, to see whether I would need to take English the next year if I went back. And I tested out of it! I actually did well enough on the test, so that I don't have to take it if I go back to Frontier! Ain't that surprisin'? Hmmm, some things make me wonder. I have also been called a "Grammar Queen" before. Well, this is really messin' up my debate!
 All right, I think I will stop debatin', and have other people add their debatin' logic! All righty? So, let's get this debate under way!
 Oh, yeah, we were going to debate on what we are going to debate about, right? Well, I think that we should debate about this whole thing because we need to have something to write about on here, and the only way to figure out what to write on here about, is to figure on what we want to debate on! I will just throw out a couple ideas that I thought about, and would y'all please tell me what ya think? Thank you! Okay, here they are: K-State versus Nebraska or some other rival team!, Kansas versus California or some other state, Fords versus Chevy's or some other vehicle (hah), Country versus City, Westerns versus Romance, etc. Let me know, please! Much obliged. =)
 Have yourselves a great day and remember to root hard for the Kansas State Wildcats! The game is gettin' under way right soon!!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol. I don't think you should have to use perfectly proper English all the time but I do think (especially when you are writing it is easier to understands if you do). How about this... you can use your bad grammar if i can use bad spelling. Agreed?

As for the choices of things to debate about... I think we agree on all of them except maybe the cars one but I already said I'm done with that one.

And I am NOT rooting for the Wildcats. You already no that though. And no I wont debate about it.

Anonymous said...

oops... I put my brackets in the wrong spot. :(

Private Eye Patty said...

Good, I am glad that you agree that I can use incorrect English sometimes! And I agree with you, that you can indeed use bad spelling iffen ya really want to! That sounds like a fair exchange to me.
Haha! Well, maybe we'll have to debate on the cars, since you agree with us about all them others! Or we can just debate on those things just for fun, and pretend that we don't agree! What thinkest thou?
Well, I am sorry that you aren't gonna root for the Wildcats. Maybe someday you will change your mind! =) Hehe!

Junior Josie said...

Haha!!! I just got a great idea and I can't wait to begin my debate on one of your subjects! But it is getting late tonight, so I will have to save it for another day! (Although I really don't think I'll have the guts to do it...)

Private Eye Patty said...

What?! What is it? What are you going to debate about, that makes you unsure of your courage to do so? Is it really that bad? This is gettin' juicy! But I want to hear it! It's okay, we're all outlaws anyway! We won't take no offense! At least I won't!

Grace said...

Josie you have to tell us... we're on the edge of our seats with curiostiy... Ha! there's some bad spelling for you. ;D how do you spell that word?

Junior Josie said...

I was going to do a debate on Westerns vs. Romance and pretend I was on the romance side... But I don't think I can pull that off!!
P.S. I think it's curiosity. So you were basically right! =D

Private Eye Patty said...

Oh boy! That WOULD indeed take guts, Josie! I can't argue with you on that one! I don't think that I could do a debate on Westerns vs. Romance being on the romance side either! That would be hard! Because I CAN NOT stand romance! YUCK!!! Besides, nobody who ain't married should like it anyway! It is not for the young people. Hah. But tis true. And I can't think of nothin' good about romance anyway. Westerns are 1000 times better!!!

Anonymous said...

WHAT!!!! i LOVE ROMANCES!!! THEY ARE SO SWEET!!! They are the perfect type of story. There is always a bad guy, the hero who saves the heroin form death and the bad guy and then there is always the heroin's lock of hair for the hero to dream on when they are separated at dramatic times. It's the perfect story line every time. Especially if both are head over heels in love with the heroin.
Josie and Patty, I think you have a debate finally.

Anonymous said...

By the way, thanks Josie for telling me how to spell that word. I knew that I just couldn't tell because of the font that my "T" and "I" were mixed up. Thanks for pointing that out.

Private Eye Patty said...

You really aren't serious, now, are you, Grace? Please please don't tell me that you are! Well, I guess we do FINALLY have a debate! Okay, if you want to be on the romance side, that's fine with me! Well, here goes the debate!!!

Junior Josie said...

Heh heh... you're funny, Grace! =P