Just for the fun of it, I am going to post some pictures of a few of my favorite things. And also, for the amusement of y'all folks. Because I do realize that a blog that is just words can get quite boring sometimes, so I am going to add a few pictures every once and awhile. However, one thing, I will not be posting pictures of people, unless they are off in the distance or something, because this blog is open to more readers than our other one, and so I do not want to post pictures of us on it, for security reasons. But you'll get to see our animals, and the food that we eat, and the crops that we grow, and on occasion our vehicles, house, trees, etc. Oh! And of course, you will likely be seeing some fabulous Kansas Sunsets and Sunrises! Yay! =)
Enjoy these pictures for now though. Hah!
That first one is just a movie of Pa working on our drive. This was taken a couple of years ago.
And now, here are a few of my favorite things:
 |
| Sledding! Definitely a favorite thing to do around here when it actually snows! |
 |
| Sliding down the snowy trail in a "train" with my sisters! |
 |
| Tractors! However, this is a John Deere tractor, which is NOT my favorite kind of tractor! Don't think that it is! It's the tractor that I like, not the brand! |
 |
| Harvesting alfalfa. (I ain't never helped with it, but have watched!) |
 |
| Seeing beautiful Kansas sunsets! This one is a really nice one! =) |
 |
| Rainbows, Crop Quest pickups, green grass! Aw, very nice! |
 |
| Dark thunder clouds! I really like thunder storms! |
 |
| Doing stuff on the roof! Here we are putting up Christmas lights. |
 |
| Snow! I am posting lots of pictures of snows...maybe because it snowed some here today! And it sure did make us happy! |
 |
| Havin' fun in the snow with my 4 sisters! =) |
 |
| Feeding cattle in the snow...with a tractor! |
 |
| Following cattle that are following the tractor. (We were in the excursion leaving from Grandpa and Grandma's one New Years Day) |
 |
| Spot the dog (what is wrong with his eyes?!?) |
 |
| Building things with my sisters! This is our Bartel Bungalow =) |
 |
| Burning grass! One of my favorite things about Spring! |
 |
| More burning of grass! We were called "firefighters" that day...by REAL firefighters! |
 |
| Plantin' soybeans and corn |
 |
| FIRE!!! I am fascinated by fire! This here is when we were burning yuccas. |
 |
| CATTLE!!!! My very favorite animal! |
 |
| FORDS!!! There ain't nothin' like a Ford! |
 |
| Fall leaves in our pond! There was actually some water in it! Wow! |
 |
| Our pond in the fall. |
 |
| Pinecones and frost on the pine trees. I like pinecones! |
 |
| Building snowmen! Fun! |
 |
| Look at all that snow!!! That was one big blizzard! Great fun to play in, let me tell you! |
 |
| Baking chocolate chip cookies! |
 |
| Irene, Patty, and Josie's soybeans that they grew. |
 |
| And the corn that they grew. It looks rather nice, iffen I do say so myself. |
 |
| Helping Pa work on the vehicles! I like learning about things like that. |
 |
| Grain cart and tractor! Case IH tractor and Ford grain cart. Nice! Harvesting corn. |
 |
| Spray plane! Spray planes are something that both Josie and I really like. |
 |
| Grilled cheese sandwiches. Yum! |
 |
| Tomato soup to dip them sandwiches in. It sure does taste good. |
 |
| Horse at the fairgrounds |
 |
| A cow, with some spit comin' out of her mouth! Haha! |
 |
| Gruffy with his corny grin! I never knew a dog could grin so...but Gruffy sure can! |
 |
| Yummy food that we ate for supper on Christmas Day in 2010. |
 |
| Another pinecone! These are one OUR trees!!! |
 |
| And last of all..."Mother Goose Cake"! One of our one inventions. It's really good, though! Surprisingly. |
|
|
And that would be all!
Have yourselves a good and godly day! =)
11 comments:
Thanks for the pictures, Patty! =D
The one of Gruffy with slobber coming out of his mouth is hilarious, coming right after the cow one! =P
OOOOPS... I forgot I'm using your account, Patty! =o0
My apologies... y'all know who I am anyway! Heh heh.
This is a test. To see if it works. It had better!
Well, Grace, maybe you'll have to try to comment as "Anonymous". Does that work for you? Just checkin'.
Well today your blog is letting me on without having to be Anonymous!
It did confuse me for a bit that "Patty" thanked herself for this post!
Haha, to be honest, when I first saw those comments from "Patty" (who was really Josie...), I was thinking, "I didn't write that! Who's been stealin' my identity anyway?!" And then reading further, found out that it was Josie, using my account! Haha! =) That's okay though.
Yay! I am so glad that this blog is finally letting you comment, Grace! Hopefully it will keep letting you!
By the way I'm waiting to hear the music and Julie Andrews singing, "These are a few of my favorite things..." Especially since she mentioned snow as one of them!
"Snow flakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes."
What? But what if I don't want to sing the song? Haha! Do you really TRULY want the music for it? I don't know how I would do that exactly, but I suppose I could try to be smart, iffen ya really desperately wanted it! Haha!
I didn't say YOU had to sing the song, I said Julie Andrews did. And anyway no you don't have to post the song... I was just noting the fact that your post title was similar.
Okay, that is good to know. And yes, the title of the post is indeed similar, and I did that on purpose! I rather like the song! And I don't mind the movie "The Sound of Music" either, it is a good one! And probably one of the only musicals I actually like! Do you like it?
You can't like that movie! It's a romance!!!
It is a very good musical, I like it a lot.
Post a Comment