Unreached of the Day

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Top Ten Villains Tag

Thanks, Lydia (C'est La Vie), for tagging me in the top ten villains tag!  It has been fun thinking up what villains I consider worthy of being in the "top ten".  =)  Since I have never been one to watch scary movies, I did have a little bit of trouble coming up with ten (I had to have my sisters' help on the last one! ;) ), but here they are!  Oh, and they are not in order of "best" to "worst", or vice versa; just in the order I thought of them in.


Number 1: The Boogie-Man from VeggieTales!  He was actually rather scary when I was little, but if you look at his grin, you can see he's kinda funny in a way.


Number 2: The monster from Frank Peretti's "Monster" book.  He was ingeniously sneaky and had just the right touch to be completely frightening to the people in the book, but hilarious to readers (at least I thought he was hilarious...)!

LB11 (Awful Alvin)
Number 3: Lampy!!!  Oh boy, he has got to be one of the best of all time!  The loyal sidekick to the real bad guy.  His crinkly smile is incredibly endearing, even though he's supposed to be a villain. 


Number 4: Rumor Weed from Veggie Tales




Now here is the epitome (or close to, anyway) of villains!  Ugh; there is nothing I like about this villain.  Nothing like exemplifying the saying "grows like a weed"...


Number 5: Eustace
Well, here is a villain turned nice!  Like Lydia said, "not much explanation needed". 


Number 6: Bobby Lee Duke from Facing the Giants.
The trademark sucker is hilarious, so it's rather hard to think of this guy as a villain when you're trying not to laugh at him...


Number 7: Lucien from Treasures of the Snow
If you're not familiar with this story, Lucien pushes his friend Dani off a cliff.  Dani survives, but is crippled for quite some time.  I ended up sympathizing with Lucien because he is remorseful and tries to make it up to Dani and his sister, after countless rejections.  In the end, Lucien is responsible for finding a doctor who is able to do surgery on Dani's legs and help him walk again.  Similar to Eustace, Lucien is a villain turned "good guy".


Number 8: Willie Olsen
Poor Willie... I don't think he was really a villain at heart; just went along with Nellie.  His attempts to be mean usually just turn out making him the laughingstock...

Number 9: Saul (Paul)
Well, here is the Biblical example of a villain turned good guy!  God transformed Saul from the most feared persecutor of Jesus' followers to a man fully dedicated to the Lord and preaching the gospel to all creation!

Number 10: Goliath
Well, this can be both the Veggie Tales character Goliath, and the real Goliath he's based off of from the Bible.
1 Samuel 17:46: "This day the Lord will deliver you up into my hands, and I will strike you down and remove your head from you. And I will give the dead bodies of the army of the Philistines this day to the birds of the sky and the wild beasts of the earth, that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel."   The main purpose of David killing Goliath was not to show us that we can have victory over our troubles (though that is true), but to make it known to the world that there is a God in Israel!  

All righty, there you have it: ten villains for the day. =)

One of these days I'll get a picture post up... 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry that I didn't comment on this sooner Josie! I saw it come across my blogger feed a long time ago and I thought that I had commented then--but obviously not!
Thanks for doing it! You, I think, are my one taggie whose answer I was actually all familiar with! Monster was a very good one. The three Sasquatches made me shiver as did the real monster. Actually, that whole book made me shiver. I probably should not have decided to read it one night when I was home alone. -_-
You asked in your recent letter about my blog so I figured I would go ahead and answer here. Yes, I made it private. I decided I didn't want information about myself online so I changed the settings to where only I can see it. Someday I may open it back up as a private blog--if I do so you will most certainly be sent and invitation! :)

Junior Josie said...

That's perfectly alright that you didn't comment earlier; no worries! =)
That makes sense about your blog ... I was actually suspecting that might be the case!
Have a lovely day!