So... you start to wonder if you're going crazy when you're walking back to the dorm and hear sheep baaing and cattle mooing but there isn't a single animal in sight... Weeeiiiiirrrrddd... I looked all over, but couldn't find hide or hair (yes, according to correct grammar, it should be 'or', not 'nor', even though 'nor' sounds so much better. But if you use 'nor' you're using a double negative, because you already have 'not' in the 'couldn't'. Just a random side note I thought of after reading that phrase in a book and stopping short in shock at the awkwardness of it) of a single thing that could be making such noises! Odd, odd, odd.
I was skimming through my journal again and came across a few interesting tidbits.
Quoting directly from journal, "Oh, something funny I heard on the radio the other day! They were talking about tombstones, and on an auctioneer's tombstone was written, "Going, going, gone". I couldn't help laughing. I know, morbid, but still, you've gotta admit it's funny."
Here's a quote our newspaper editors must have read and taken seriously, "Don't be afraid to make a mistake; your readers might like it." - William Randolph Hearst. Ha, yeah, "they might laugh at it!" - Pa
Yep, our newspaper consistently has dozens of errors in it every single week!
Well, I'm trying to decide whether or not I should post my "averted disasters" entry. Maybe another day sometime soon. I'm going to do something else sometime, too, that I think will be hilarious. HAHAHA! Be warned!
Well, off to supper here soon, as soon as Patty gets back from work!
Ta-ta!
-Josie
1 comment:
Funny.
Post a Comment