Well, I decided to post what I was debating about yesterday. This isn't the hilarious one yet, though. That'll be coming later. =P
Okay, quoting directly from journal:
"Well, first off, I charged the 4-wheeler through wheat [don't panic, it was on a trail] on my way to get my NW triticale check (forget which #), and when I drew my sword out of its sheath ... (okay, okay, so it's just an Oakfield probe) I discovered to my utmost dismay (literally!) that my dagger (i.e. shovel) was missing in action! I morosely traced my way back on my tracks, thinking maybe the tall wheat knocked it out. Nothing. I resolved to get my 2 checks and then backtrack to the last field. I distinctly remembered digging up a corn plant to check its secondary roots being the very last thing I did at the last field, so I knew I'd put the shovel back.
Some agonizing minutes later, I trekked back to the ominous field, unloaded the trusty ol' 4-wheeler, and scouted out my tracks. I found 2 sets; 1 would be when I went in, and 1 would be when I went in, and 1 would be when I went out. I checked the treads on the tires with each set of tracks and determined which one was my "out" track. I set out to follow it. Not 5 seconds later my eyes lighted upon my dearly lost shovel! I was ecstatic! Disaster #1 averted!
Several hours later, on my way to NW 24 (or 34?), a deer RUDELY ran out in front of me, forcing me to slam on my brakes and send everything flying to the front of the pickup. I looked behind me and saw skid marks. Ah, but some rubber worn off the tires is better than a smashed front end, eh? Disaster #2 averted!
Shortly thereafter, I returned to the pickup after checking NW whatever it is and was attacked by a multitude of flies! Ick! I sought refuge in the pickup, but I had to write my notes down and it was sweltering, so I chanced opening the windows. Huge mistake! When I left, my pickup was covered in flies! Everywhere I looked was black with them! I have NEVER seen so many flies in one place at one time before! I hoped to get them out by speeding down the HWY with windows all the way down, but they persisted and were still everywhere when I stopped at my next field. They were biting me incessantly, so I frantically sprayed "Off" all over me and the pickup, hoping to offend some. It worked, slightly, but the whole rest of the day I was plagued by the nasty things. Boy am I glad to be home! That disaster was not averted, sadly.
Then on my last field, I stopped to dig for milo seed and noticed the WD-40 can and holder laying behind me on the seat. I guess it decided it had been bumped around too much. That disaster was averted though because I noticed it before it got lost. I made up a theory when I was going through some wheat stubble that the field was so bumpy not even weeds could grow in it! (I hadn't seen any weeds up to that point) I do NOT like bumpy fields! Ick! Somebody (namely, D's) needs to learn not to go through their fields with big equipment when it's muddy. You make HUGE tracks doing that and your agronomist (intern) does NOT come out a happy camper!"
Well, there you have it. Coming up next: Something that entertains me highly but you will find abhorrently boring! Hahaha!
-JJJJ
4 comments:
Are ya'll home now since you said you're working an internship?
Actually, no, this is from last year. We get to go home this Thursday though! =D
Nice, Josie. I like this much better than football posts.
Haha! I thought I might get some disgruntled looks when I posted that football post! =P
But hey, it was K-State beating Oklahoma! You've gotta like that!!! =D
Post a Comment