Unreached of the Day

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Stories from Days Gone By

All righty, well, a few months ago I was skimming through all of my old journals trying to find some interesting stories or anything to post about here on our blogs. And I surprisingly did find a few things that are worthy of posting. So, here are a few stories from a few years ago...(and I'm just gonna type 'em straight from my journal, how they were written then).

"February 25, 2009-- After supper we were talking about Camp Salvation, and Dandi told us some funny camp stories! One especially funny one was once when she was at camp, they had just finished eating supper or something and some of the campers were going back to their cabins, but Dandi and some of her friends were near the cafeteria, and well these boys were going back to their cabin, and all of a sudden they started screaming and yelling (boys screaming! =O My goodness, that's unusual! And Dandi said they sounded like girls! Haha!), and they were yelling, "Bear! There's a bear!" or something. And then one of the guys had a gun and he came out with the gun pointing forward and said, "Where's the bear?"  hahaha! It was just really funny when she told it! It doesn't sound as funny on paper, but it really is humorous! She told more camp stories too, but I'm not going to write them down."

July 18, 2009-- Pa just told us a funny story about when he was younger! I really like hearing stories! I wish Pa and Ma told them more often though! But anyway, when Pa was about 6 or 7 years old, he got bit by a dog. Well, first of all, they (Pa and his family) were getting ready to go to Liberal (they lived in Meade, KS), and the dogs were eating or something, and Pa had one of those things that you blow on and this thing pops out. And he went up to one of the dogs and blew it right in the dog's ear, and the dog immediately bit Pa on the ear! And so they were late getting to Liberal. But the funny part was that Pa blew the thing in the dog's ear! Haha! That is very amusing! See, Pa did things like that when he was younger to, just like we do! So that is where we got it obviously!"

July 18, 2009-- I practiced for a few minutes on the 13th, and while practicing, I fell off of my chair! Backwards! How it happened is, I got a bit frustrated, because my violin wasn't playing how I wanted it to, and leaned back in my chair (forgetting that I was sitting in a chair with no back on it!) and all of a sudden, I started falling backwards, and fell completely out of the chair...with my violin still in my hand. But thankfully I was able to shelter my violin, and it didn't hit the floor. It was fine. I was fine too, it was actually kinda fun! Funny too! Falling backwards out of your chair is quite exciting actually! You might try it sometime...though I wouldn't advise doing it when you have your instrument."

And someday I will post some more interesting things...about "Best Excuses for Getting Caught Sleeping in Class" and other random things like that. But that's it for now! I've got books that need to be read!

Have a good and godly day rejoicing in the Lord! =) He is our strength and song! 

9 comments:

Junior Josie said...

Nice stories, Patty! =D

Junior Josie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Junior Josie said...

The "comment has been removed by author" because it commmented the same thing twice!
(I let you know that because it irritates me when people delete comments and I don't know what they said! So I was trying to do you a favor and not make you irritated. HAHAHA)

Junior Josie said...

Oh dear... this computer obviously wants to do double duty today!!! It made me do three 'm's on commented!!

Anonymous said...

They delete the comments because they don't want you to know what it said Josie! That is the whole point of deleting them!

Patty, I am sure that it was all the violin's fault it wasn't sounding right. Violins have a tendency to do that, believe me, I know! :)

Junior Josie said...

Haha, yeah, Idalee... but then why do they post the comment in the first place?

Anonymous said...

Because they thought they wanted to say it but by the time it was posted they decided they didn't like it. Al least that is why I always do them.

Junior Josie said...

Oh, I seeeeeeee.....
Well, maybe... oh nevah the mind, I shall have to... oh nevah the mind again, I decided I didn't like what I was going to say! HAHAHA! (Oh my, where have my manners gone to anyway?)

Junior Josie said...

Yes! This feedjit thing finally got my location right!