Howdy folks!
I'm going to post some random (heh heh, random again) pictures from the past month! They are all scenery pictures. People pictures go on the other blog! (So if you read this blog and know us, but haven't been invited to our other blog, ask us and we might invite you. =P)
 |
| One of the lilac bushes when it was blooming! |
 |
| Lilac bush. Sorry if you're seeing repeats; I know I posted a lot of these on the other blog, but I felt like posting them here, too! =) |
 |
| Tulips (I was elated that I found a background for taking pictures! A white wall!) |
 |
| Stripe rust |
A little note on this stripe rust picture. You almost can't see the stripe rust here, but it's those orange pustules in the middle of the leaf. Most of the fields have been sprayed by now, but yesterday one of the fields we check hadn't been sprayed, and the stripe rust had just exploded there! It was literally all over the place. It was so bad that it turned my shoes orange! I should've taken a picture of them!
 |
| Rainbow!! =D |
 |
| Some yellow wildflowers. I wish there were purple wildflowers, but I don't think I've seen any 'round here. (Other than henbit, but that doesn't count! =P) |
 |
| I like this so much I had to post it again! Rainbow colored Kool-Aid! I was so excited when I was helping Ma unload the groceries and I discovered that she'd gotten the rainbow colors without even realizing it! (By the way, no, we don't usually get so much Kool-Aid, but I think it was on sale or something. =) ) |
 |
| Orange on the orange kool-aid |
 |
| Strawberries and kiwis |
 |
| Grapes |
 |
| Strawberries |
 |
| Some of the many irises that are beginning to bloom! |
 |
| Our wheat down south. I only took a picture of it because I wanted the tree and the water. This wheat looks AWFUL though! It doesn't show up so much in the picture, but it's the worst looking wheat that I've seen this year. No joke. And I've seen dozens of wheat fields over the past couple months, so it's not like I've only seen one or two other fields that look better. The stuff we planted on the east and down by the garden is doing pretty well, but this south stuff is just doing awfully. We even put extra fertilizer and everything on it, but it doesn't want to behave. |
 |
| Ah.. much better! Some of the wheat on the east side of the house is heading! =D |
 |
| Uh... some sort of plant that randomly got it's picture taken. |
 |
| And now comes the garden pictures! Here is some spinach. |
 |
| Lettuce (Oh, I guess I only put two on here. We also have broccoli, carrots, potatoes, beets, green beans that haven't come up quite yet, and other stuff that I'm forgetting.) |
 |
| Scenery south of the garden. It's GREEN!!!! The wildflowers (I think they're actually wild onions) look pretty neat down there too. |
|
|
Hope you enjoyed the pictures! It's been much more fun taking outdoor pictures this spring, since we are actually having spring, unlike last year! =D
I should be able to think of something to say after nearly a month, but I guess not!
Have a lovely week, and watch out for rattlesnakes!
-Junior Josephine Joanna Jalopy
6 comments:
Finally something posted on here! Oh and can I get one of those invites to your other blog? :D
Heh heh! No, of course not! =P
Well, very nice pictures, Junior Josie! And much obliged to you for posting on this much neglected blog! I appreciate it greatly. Hopefully today I can post something on it!
And indeed, you'd best watch out for rattlesnakes, they are probably out! It's been hot enough for them anyway.
Hmmm, what an interesting phenomenon! Did you know that just a couple of weeks after you (Josie) wrote this post on April 26th, is when we did indeed see TWO rattlesnakes?! I found that interesting. They were pretty big ones too...
By the way, Josie, we should post more agronomy like pictures! Like of all the diseases and bugs and things that we see in the field! Wouldn't that be fun? =)
Oh, ja, that would be fun! Let's do!
Post a Comment