Unreached of the Day

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Random Thoughts

Howdy again folks!
The last post was Random Quotes, so I guess I can name this one Random Thoughts! How's that?

Don't you think there should be a candy called Happy Farmer? I mean, they have Jolly Ranchers, so why can't they have Happy Farmers, too? That would be a fun candy! They should be crop shaped, rainbow colors, and taste like chocolate, peanut butter, and caramel!

Speaking of food, this is what we had for supper the other night! Mmm yum!

Do you like bull riding? We went to the Championship Bull Riding event in Dodge City last night! Our brother-in-law's company was the main sponsor, so he was able to get cheap tickets for us. Convenient, huh? It was the first time Patty and I had ever seen live bull riding and it was LOTS of fun! I had always thought that I liked the horse side of rodeos better, but I'd never actually seen live bull riding! It is exhilaratingly exciting! I wasn't even bored after two hours of it; I was disappointed that that was it. Anyway, I never thought I'd like bull riding so much, but it's fun. (To watch I mean... I've never actually tried it myself so I can't say how fun it is to do the actual riding! But it's probably really fun until you hit the ground. HAHA! I love the sensation of falling though. My favorite dreams are falling dreams. 'Cause you can pretend you're flying! ... until you hit the ground.) Anyway, that was a ton of fun! Plus, I was VERY pleasantly surprised that the announcer guy prayed before the event began! And he said something about how it was God who created the bulls, and who gives all of us the talents and abilities we have. Anyway, that was really good! I never would have expected that at a bull riding event.


Here's a vivid Kansas sunrise =)

Random picture of the walls that we're working on...

This amaryllis had TEN blooms this year! You can't see all ten of them in this picture, but nine bloomed out at around the same time, and then the tenth one waited until the others were starting to die. It wanted to have it's own glory or something...!

I guess that's about all of my random thoughts for the moment. I can't wait until the next time we get to see bull riding! It rivals the excitement of football! .... Okay, wait a second, not the excitement of last minute tense endings to football games! But it is great fun, plus, it's ranch people, not city people!

Adios!
Junior Josephine Joanna Jalopy
Proverbs 16:3, "Commit your works to the LORD and your plans will be established."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never really likes bull riding because it is so dangerous. However I do find it kind-of interesting to watch. I'd much rather watch bronco busting though.

Junior Josie said...

I've never seen bronc busting before... I might like it better than bull riding too, but it would probably just make me envious. Whenever I see people riding horses I want to ride them too. =/

Private Eye Patty said...

THE BULL RIDING EVENT WAS SO EXCITING AND FUN!!! I agree with everything that you said about it Josie! It was super exhilarating and exciting! =) I am so glad that we got to go! And yes, it was very nice that the announcer guy prayed before hand! That made me happy! It is good to know that there really are still some decent people out there!
I am sorry, Idalee, that you have never really liked bull riding that much. Yes, it is indeed dangerous...but sometimes exciting things are dangerous. Did you know that I have always wanted to do bull riding myself? And even after seeing it, I would still like to try! It would be really hard though! And painful...but oh well!
I ain't never seen bronc busting either. That might be rather interesting! But as I like cattle better than horses, I think I would still prefer the bull riding! Anyway, both are fun! =)
And it sure is nice to that they are ranch people, and not city people! Used to hardships! Rough and tough. And hard to bluff. Like Rodney Inkovitch! Hahaha! Josie knows what I am talking about...

Junior Josie said...

Hahaha.... Rodney Inkovitch indeed! =P

Anonymous said...

I believe Patty that I did know you want to do bull riding. I have seen and heard of some bad injuries from that though. But as you said, nearly everything fun has an element of danger! :)

And Josie... I don't know how envious of a bronco buster you would be if you thought about what a neck ache they have the day after! :)

Junior Josie said...

Heh heh... yeah, the neck ache wouldn't be so great! =P