Unreached of the Day

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Poor, neglected blog...

Due to extenuating circumstances, this here blog has been sadly neglected for the past 3 months.  I do hope you have not minded incredibly much.  As is customary, I shall present y'all with pictures.  Of... scenery, mostly.  I know, I know, that's all that is ever posted on here.  If you want people pictures, you know where to look.  =P  
 Who ever said Kansas is flat??  I beg to differ.  What does this look like to you?  Flat?

 And who ever said Kansas has no trees?  What is that I see in the distance ...  monsters, maybe? 
Now, back to the earlier picture saying that Kansas wasn't flat; I shall insert a disclaimer.  Of course, there are indeed areas of Kansas that are flat, but that is perfectly marvelous!  Because, as you can see from this picture, flat is BEST for crops! 
Milo head emerging

 Rainbow after rain!  Yet another picture to disprove a common thought: that Western Kansas is a desert.  My dear friends, does it rain enough to make grass green in a desert?  In fact, is there ever even GRASS in a desert?
There is such a thing as plains, ya know.  It doesn't have to be either forest or desert.  There is a happy medium, and this happy medium is the marvelous plains of Kansas!  By the way, is there a town in Kansas named "Desert, Kansas"?  No, there is not.  Is there a town in Kansas named "Plains, Kansas"?  Yes, there is.  So, the logical inference from that is as follows: the land area is to be described as plains, NOT desert.

 I like rainbows... A marvelous reminder of God's promises and His faithfulness to keep them!

 Hmmm... what a muddy pickup!  (Ahem... does a pickup get muddy in a desert?  I highly doubt it.)

 Ah... ever so much better.  "A clean pickup is a happy pickup"!

 Yum, food.  =P  Chicken, zwiebach, green beans, and mashed potatoes (hmm... quite yellow mashed 'taters!).
 Supper, again.  This time, enchiladas, green beans, and rice.  (I'm sure you could tell, but I am having fun typing.)
 Mmmm.... lots of cheese!
 Kansas sunset!

All righty, maybe those pictures will last you until Thanksgiving break or Christmas break.  =)
-JJJJ

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Josie, some of these pictures are beautiful! I have thought before you seem to have a real eye for scenery photography. Have you ever tried entering something in a photography contest? You might try a Kansas calendar contest or some other similar idea.

I enjoyed the post! :)

Anonymous said...

I meant to say that the third to last is my favorite--such pretty colors it almost looks like a painting.

Junior Josie said...

Thank you for the kind compliments, Hope!
Yep, I actually have tried entering a few photography contests; Crop Quest has started doing an intern photo contest each summer, and I usually try to get some good crop related pictures to enter for that. It's kind of easy to win those contests though because not very many people enter them! ;P
Thanks for the Kansas calendar contest idea; I might have to look into that! =)
And all the credit for the beauty of the last three pictures goes to God for His amazing sunsets! I'm so glad that God blesses us with beautiful colors to brighten up the end of a day! =)