Unreached of the Day

Friday, February 24, 2017

A Few Quotes/Poems to Encourage/Inspire

Hello all!

I just wanted to share a few words with you today, that I hope and pray will be an encouragement to you.

First of all, the words of the hymn "May the Mind of Christ, My Savior" have been a good reminder and inspiration for me lately.  They were brought to mind when reading the book "Discipline - The Glad Surrender" by Elisabeth Elliot (this is a very good book, and I highly recommend it!).  The words are written by Kate B. Wilkinson: "May the mind of Christ, my Savior, Live in me from day to day, By His love and power controlling, All I do and say."

And then a couple of quotes for you to "chew on".  This blog is called "chewin' the cud" after all, so thought I'd share some things that God has been teaching/reminding me of lately.

"When we focus on doing what we can do with excellence, it can open the door for God to do the impossible."

"Don't wait until you believe it all.  Don't wait until you can see it all.  Don't wait until you understand it all.  Trust God and step out in faith.  He will meet you there.  Take the first step of faith.  You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step." - Martin Luther King Jr. (this one especially has been meaningful and very relevant to my current circumstances...got to just take some steps of faith! But it's easier said than done.)

And then a little poem I wrote last fall (no, I do not normally write poems!  This is very uncharacteristic, but I was asked to do so.):
"Do not fear, God is on our side
He will never ever hide.
He is always there.
In time of need God is always near.
O be not frightened,
Let your burden be lightened.
Give it completely to God the Father
Whose children doth He gather."

Keep looking to Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith! (Hebrews 12:2)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's better poetry than I can write Patty! :)
"May the Mind..." is such a good hymn. I used to have a line from it as my gmail signature!

Junior Josie said...

Thanks for sharing, Patty! Very encouraging and convicting. That poem was really good; maybe you ought to consider writing poetry! =)

Private Eye Patty said...

Hah! I am not a poet. It took a lot of work to come up with something that even kinda worked. Thanks though!

Glad you enjoyed the post, both of yous (Lydia and Josie). Yes indeed, "May the Mind of Christ My Savior" is a very good song.

What do y'all think of the new background? It's a little early for it, since the wheat is certainly not heading yet...but I liked it, and wanted to use it.

Have a great day in the Lord!

Anonymous said...

It's a lovely background Patty! Did you take the picture?

Private Eye Patty said...

Oops, Lydia! So sorry to not have replied to your comment yet. Actually, no, I did not take the picture! It was found on blogger. But yes, it is quite a nice picture indeed...but I'm not sure who to give the credit too. God gets the credit for the beauty though! Have a great day in the Lord!